The City of Quincy Retirement System is seeking a qualified individual for the full time position of Retirement Board Analyst. The System operates in conformity with Massachusetts General Laws Chapter 32; Public Employee Retirement Administration Commission regulations.
Title: Retirement Board Analyst
Summary: This position reports to the Executive Director of the Quincy Retirement Board. The retirement analyst will assist the Executive Director in the operation of the Quincy Retirement Board’s office. Among the responsibilities are typing, filing, data entry, calculations, disability applications, maintaining records and complex clerical work.
Supervision Received: Executive Director of the Quincy Retirement Board
Supervision Exercised: None
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Answer telephone, greet visitors, file, fax and scan documents.
- Prepare and answer correspondence to System members.
- Answer retiree and active member questions and respond to their requests.
- Update member records and files.
- Prepare weekly staff payroll and warrants.
- Enter changes, run and print monthly retiree payroll in PTG and affiliated reports.
- Research member buybacks and make-up requests.
- Prepare Withdrawal, Transfer out, Accounts Payable and Reimbursements to Other Systems warrants for payment.
- Prepare Retiree calculations.
- Receive disability applications, collect and scan all medical records for the Executive Director’s review. Manage the process through Prosper.
- Request PERAC convene medical panels.
- Make daily trips to City Hall for mail and mail distribution.
- Special projects at request of Executive Director.
- Attend and participate in staff, department or other meetings, seminars and conferences as requested by the Executive Director.
- Must have a working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs and willingness to learn and adapt as technologies change.
- Experience with databases.
- Maintain confidential information.
- Perform other duties as required or as necessitated.
College graduate or High School graduate with at least 4 years of experience in an office environment, preferably in the retirement, public
employment or similar field. Ability to create and maintain documents using Microsoft Office applications including but not limited to Word,
Excel and Power Point. Familiarity with retirement software and knowledge of M.G.L. Chapter 32 is a plus.
Salary will be commensurate with experience.
Application with Cover Letter, resume and writing sample should be sent by May 10, 2019 to:
Quincy Retirement Board
1245 Hancock Street
Quincy, MA 02169